Mana in Mahi
Strength in Work
Take part in Mana in Mahi to get paid while you train to do a job you love.
With Mana in Mahi you can:
- get support to kick start your career.
- earn while you learn
- gain recognised qualifications.
How it works
We work with employers across New Zealand to help you:
- get a job in an industry that interests you
- gain an apprenticeship or formal industry qualification
- get the support needed to stay in work.
- We also support you and your employer to work together and build a strong relationship.
Who can get it
To take part in Mana in Mahi, you need to be a New Zealand citizen or resident.
You also need to be available for full-time or part-time work and keen to train towards a NZQA-approved qualification (at apprenticeship or pre-apprenticeship level).
We’ll talk with you to understand your situation and what help you need to see if Mana in Mahi is the right option for you.
What you can get
If you take part in Mana in Mahi, you’ll get:
- either part-time or full-time work
- on-the-job training and support towards an NZQA-approved qualification at apprenticeship or pre-apprenticeship level
- help with things you need to start work, eg:
- additional learning support
- a dedicated person to talk to if you’re having any problems.
You’ll also get help to:
- increase your confidence
- earn incentives along the way
- take control of your future.
How to apply
If you’d like to start a new career with Mana in Mahi, you can:
- talk to your local Work and Income work broker
- call us on 0800 779 009.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your full name
- your address (including town/city)
- the best way we can contact you e.g. a phone number or email address
- what sort of work you’re interested in
- how you heard about Mana in Mahi